Effective from October 2021, the University will resume its on-site operations throughout, and all rooms may be used without
restrictions – under the proviso that the 2.5G ruling is strictly adhered to. In all circulation areas the wearing of FFP2
masks is mandatory. For detailed regulations applicable to the winter semester 2021/22, please see here.
2.5G ruling and access to the University premises
Access to all University buildings for both university members and external persons is only possible by adhering to the 2.5G ruling (vaccinated, recovered from infection, PCR-tested)
The appropriate evidence as well as own photo ID must be carried at all times (see below)
Access to the university buildingsOne of the following verifications is required for entry: For those tested:
For recovered persons:
- Negative PCR test confirmation e.g. "Alles gurgelt" (valid for 48hrs)
For vaccinated:A complete COVID-19 vaccination must be proven. Persons are considered to be fully vaccinated
- Segregation certificate (valid for 6 months),
- Medical certificate of covid disease (valid for 6 months)
- Proof of antibodies (issued in Austria; valid for 3 months)
- In the case of two-part vaccination from the second vaccination (valid for 360 days)
- in the case of vaccination with Johnson & Johnson vaccine, from the 22nd day after vaccination (valid for 270 days)
- in the case of convalescents, from the date of vaccination (valid for 360 days)
At the Angewandte, only vaccines approved in Austria/EU are currently recognized:
- Comirnaty (BioNTech and Pfizer)
- Spikevax (Moderna)
- Vaxzevria (AstraZeneca)
- COVID-19 Vaccine Janssen (Johnson & Johnson)
Immunizations with all other vaccines (e.g. Sputnik, Sinopharm) are not valid proof, i.e. these students must still provide
other valid proof (
PCR test, antibody detection).Approved certificates:
- EU Digital COVID Certificate
- Yellow vaccination certificate
- Proof of vaccination by your doctor or
- Electronic vaccination certificate at gesundheit.gv.at
FFP2 mask obligation and general hygiene measures
Wearing an FFP2 mask remains mandatory in all circulation areas.
In addition to wearing an FFP2 mask, please continue to observe the generally known hygiene regulations (thorough hand hygiene, cough etiquette, regular ventilation as well as surface disinfection).All regulations in detail can be found as usual at www.dieangewandte.at/covid19.
In case of covid infection or suspicion of covid we request that you immediately contact the Covid Staff Office (firstname.lastname@example.org, +43 664 88345033), who will inform you about the further course of action and, if necessary, initiate Contact Tracing steps
within the Applied.
Covid positive – what happens next?