Application requirements, info and forms are available at the International Office!Application Deadlines
(Due to the CORONA virus situation, both deadlines will be merched in 2020!)
15. November (ONLY 2020)
- For short-term, specialist courses
- Scientific work in other countries
This funding may only relate to studies in other countries lasting a maximum of 5 months. The rates for countries within Europe
amount to EUR 400 and for overseas states to EUR 800 per month. However, the maximum sum to be paid is restricted to EUR 2.400.
In all cases, the allocation of a scholarship is dependent upon the coverage available from university budget funds.
- Applications are only possible, when the planned project is to be completed in connection with preparations for degree work,
a thesis, or specialist post-graduate activities (max. 2 years after the graduation)
- Austria as the permanent place of residence and the focal point of interests (e.g. career, studies)
- at the time of the application, the candidate may not be in another country for the realisation of his/her educational objective
Academic staff can also apply for grants for international stays according with the same deadlines under “International Relations Advancement.”
- Application form with photo
- complete curriculum vitae with precise description of studies to date
- a detailed study and research plan for the international scholarship period, which above all must clarify the necessity of
course attendance for the degree or special further training
- two letters of recommendation from a professor at our university (whereby in the case of degree and doctoral students one
of these recommendations must come from the dissertation/thesis tutor), in which the necessity and duration of the international
study is confirmed, a list of grades and if required, degree certificate
- Confirmation of attendance at the course, or confirmation of the salary for the internship (or confirmation that it is unpaid)
provided by the desired international institution (support commitment)
- a budget plan that clarifies the intended form of financing (e.g. grants, own earnings, loans) by means of a comparison with
living expenses and possible course fees. The study and research costs included in the budget should be evidenced by confirmation
from the international institution
For all positive applications: AFTER MOBILITY you have to hand in confirmations and a personal report (A4) of your project. For academic staff also the
original bills and receipts are necessary. Otherwise the grant will be claimed back!
BMBWF Auslandsstipendium für Studierende der KünsteThis grant is given from the Austrian Ministry for studyexchanges into a MASTER program with a duration of one or two semesters
(max. 9 months).
Bachelorstudy or equal has to be completed with excellency!
Only exchanges to international Art Universities for studymobility, who do NOT take part in the ERASMUS+ Programm. Duration: 4-9 monthsAge: under 35 yearsGrant given: EUR 600 p. monthDeadline: anytimeAll detailed information: International Office (Expositur Postgasse 6 / 2. Stock)
- Target group: students
- Country of origin: Citizenship of a member state of the European Union
- Maximum age: 35 years
- Department: Artistic studies at an Austrian art university
- Preliminary studies: The preliminary studies (Bachelor or 1st or 2nd diploma section, at least 6 semesters) must be completed with distinction.
- Ongoing studies: Excellent study success as part of the ongoing studies. Compliance with the standard period of study with two additional
- Proof of study success: The artistic major (if available) must be completed abroad, at least 12 ECTS per semester or 27 ECTS per academic year are
- Target country: ALL (excl. the 27 EU member states including their overseas territories, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Turkey, Republic
of Macedonia and Serbia)
- Informal application: description and justification of the study project at the host university
- CV curriculum vitae
- Bachelor's or intermediate diploma
- General certificate of the current study
- Signed learning agreement regarding the recognition of the central artistic subject by the Dean of Studies Prof. Josef Kaiser
and the host university
- Confirmation of admission from the host university
- Approval of the teacher of the central artistic subject of the home university
- Statement of costs and financing plan