According to the new curriculum (Art Education), which starts in winter semester 2017/18,
● dae: Design, Architecture and Environment, and
● tex: Textiles - Free and Contextual Artistic Practice
will close down, and the new subject
● dex: Design, Material Culture and Experimental Practices (Technology and Textiles)
will be introduced.
Changing subjectsStudents are permitted to change-over from dae or tex to dex during admission period - without proof of artistic skills. After
that, changes of the study subject are only granted upon approval by the head of the department (based on artistic skills).
Graduation of dae and tex
BACHELOR PROGRAMMEonly possible before 1.12.2023 - that also applies for additional subjects (Erweiterungsstudium) MASTER PROGRAMMEonly possible before 1.12.2027 - that also applies for additional subjects (Erweiterungsstudium)
Re-AdmissionUntil winter semester 2018/19 re-admissions to the study subjects dae and/or tex will be granted.>> Infos about Re-Admission
The master programme in Art Education is starting in winter semester 2017/18. The following subjects are offered:
- kkp: Art and Communication Practices (Fine Arts)
- dex: Design, Material Culture and Experimental Practices (Technology and Textiles)
- tex: Textiles Free and Contextual Artistic Practice and Material Culture (Textile Design)
- dae: Design, Architektur und Environment (Design and Technology)
Additional Subject / no additional academic gradeGraduates from Art Education programmes and regular students in an Art Education programme may graduate in an additional subject
- further information is stated in the curriculum of the bachelor/master programme.