Entrance ExamThe Social Design master programme is oriented towards graduates from diverse fields of study.
- graduation from a bachelor or equivalent programme at a recognised domestic or foreign post-secondary educational institution and
- proof of artistic aptitude in the framework of an entrance examination before the examination board.
Entrance ExaminationThe examination consists of two parts. Positive assessment of the first part is a requirement for the second part of the examination. The entrance examination is passed when all parts of the examination have been positively assessed.
First Part of the Entrance Examination
- Application Form – Personal Data
- Relevant extracurricular activity (max. 1,000 characters)
- Short biography (max. 2,000 characters): An overview of the applicant’s previous qualifications, competences, and main fields of intra- and extracurricular activity.
- Letter of motivation (max. 4,500 characters): Description of main personal interests in dealing with the complexity of urban systems and their implications within a mainly artistic-scientific based programme; Description of the applicant’s own development perspective within the transdisciplinary programme structure
- Submission deadline: 01.12.2020 17.012021
- Online submission of the following application documents at www.socialdesign.ac.at
Second Part of the Entrance Examination
- Discussion of specified topics in different team constellations
- Interview on the basis of the letter of motivation
- takes place at the University of Applied Arts Vienna
- last week of february - exact dates are to be confirmed - in the Social Design studio
Teachers in the fields of expertise, external members