Incoming Exchange StudentsStudents from Partner Institutions have the possibility to apply for participation for one or at least two terms.
We are NOT TAKING CEEPUS scholars and Freemovers at the moment!
- Winter term (1. October - 31. January) until 15. April
- whole study year (1. October - 30. June) until 15. April
- Summer term (1. March - 30. June) until 15. October
Step 1: See the International Office in YOUR institutionindicate interest at the International Students Office of your home institution.
Step 2: NominationIf you have been selected for participation in an ERASMUS+ programme, your home institution has to nominate you officially (E-Mail of coordinator is sufficient incl. Application Form).
Nomination details necessary (send the Application Form with it!)
- Last name & First name
- Date & City of birth
- Sex (f / m)
- Home address
- ERASMUS code of Home University (if available)
- Field of Study at Home University
- Desired study AND programme at our university (BA or MA if necessary!)
- Semester you are in at the moment
- Desired exchange semester (winter / summer / whole year)
Step 3: Application
send your application, consisting in:
- Application Form
- Curriculum Vitae with contact information
- Portfolio (samples of work) - digitaly (via Uploadlink, is provided after complete nomination), per post with CD, DVD, USB Stick (max. 2GB) or on paper (A4)
IN TIME to downstanding address:
Universität für angewandte Kunst Wien
Postgasse 6 / 2nd floor
Postgasse 6 / 2nd floor
Documents must be handed in in English or German. They can be sent either per post or digital (Uploadlink is provided by the International Office after complete nomination – max 2 GB)
Students interested in Architecture are advised to contact the preferred studio before sending an application (most architectural projects take a whole year, applications should be made preferably for winter term or for the whole study year!)
We recommend applicants, to have knowledge of the German language. For applications in Graphics and Advertising German knowledge in level B1-B2 is highly recommended! We expect a profound knowledge of English (B1-B2) from all students!
Applications for Grafic Design have to be sent digitally ONLY! Applications per post will be neglected!
Attention! Only full applications will be considered!
The University of Applied Arts Vienna reserves the right to reject applicants, who not meeting the requirements of the chosen programme.
The selection is based on the portfolio and the number of disposable places. The announcement can take up to 8 weeks. An application is NOT an acceptance! Partnership between home- and guest university is no warranty for admission.
The information about admission will be sent to you as soon as possible.
If you already received a positive answer, see the Checkliste Incoming.