Entrance Exam – Cross-Disciplinary StrategiesThe bachelor’s degree Cross-Disciplinary Strategies: Applied Studies in Art, Science, Philosophy, and Global Challenges (CDS) communicates a broad spectrum of artistic and scientific skills, strategies and principles of artistic and scientific practice. This is linked with the aspiration to promote a critical approach, collaborative skills, and goal-oriented learning not only in individual areas of knowledge, but also beyond the arts.
An Austrian Higher School Certificate or an equivalent from any other country is a precondition of admission to the CDS programme. Certificates will be examined for their equivalence by the Student and Academic Affairs Office after you have passed the entrance exam. All CDS courses are held in English; B2 level (CEFR) is recommended. Studies commence in the winter semester following your entrance exam.
The entrance exam consists of two phases. Each phase requires a positive assessment in order to move on to the next step.
1. REGISTRATION & SUBMISSION between 1 December 2019 and Jan 26th 2020.
The following should be emailed to email@example.com (as a PDF, max. 10 MB, naming convention:
- REGISTRATION FOR THE ENTRANCE EXAM: download the cover page, fill out, sign and scan
- LETTER OF MOTIVATION (600 words / 4000 characters) stating your interest in Cross-Disciplinary Strategies as well as in the approach of the programme. What visions, skills and ideas will I bring to the programme? What do I expect from the course? Why have I chosen this course? What is my vision for my professional future? Convince us with global or personal topics; independent, sophisticated concepts; innovative ideas.
- CURRICULUM VITAE including your contact information (telephone, email). No photos!
2. Practical TASKS and INTERVIEW (At CDS premises, 24-28 February 2020)
In this phase, your aptitude for the programme is reviewed. You will be given practical assignments followed by a short face-to-face interview with the team.
Publication of Results between 2 and 6 March 2020