Communication and PR
Office an Event Organisation: Jasmin Vogl
Media work is the main task of external communication.
This includes the organization of press releases, press conferences and the like, for example development, maintenance, mediation and coordination of journalist contacts, as well as daily media monitoring, documentation and evaluation.
The Public Relations Office initiates co-operative involvement with companies in the public and private sectors.
In matters concerning competitions, the Public Relations Office acts as first contact, coordinator and focal point for the exchange of information between internal and external partners.
The main tasks of internal communication include the collection, processing and forwarding of information in connection with events and projects.
The work of public relations can be understood as an interface between internal and external communications.
Further areas of responsibility of the Public Relations Office are:
- Organization of events, projects and exhibitions, throughout the University,
- Supervision of Edition Angewandte, in cooperation with the publisher SpringerWienNewYork,
- Supporting fund-raising and sponsoring,
- Assisting with production of printed material (folders, invitations, posters, business card, etc.),
- Information on competitions, promotions, prizes and awards,
- Contact mediation,
- Supervision of the Diploma Image Database,
- Editorial supervision of the Angewandte website,
- Editorial production of the Newsletter,
- Proofreading of Angewandte publications (German and English),
- Coordination of visitor tours.
The Public Relations Office continuously archives print and on-line media coverage of the University of Applied Arts Vienna.
The complete media monitoring - from for example, more than 2081 items in 2007 - categorized by
- (Former) teachers,
- Students / graduates,
- Institutes and courses,
- General topics.
can be viewed in the Public Relations Office (old building, 1st floor).