The University Library represents the Universitys central information unit. It supports studies, teaching and research
at the University through the provision and conveyance of printed, electronic and audiovisual information carriers for all
areas of studies offered.
The University Library provides its stock to the public for professional and general educational purposes. It promotes the
information competence of its users, i.e. the ability to select, employ and critically evaluate information sources via training
and individual consulting.
The University Library is open to the (general) public. All of its stocks are searchable through the online catalogue, may
be used in the reading rooms and to a predominant extent may be borrowed for use at home.
Due to the relocation of the library, the reading rooms remain closed. Temporary library service will be provided at Stubenring
3, ground floor near the canteen as follows:
Mon + Thu: 13:30 - 18:30
Tue + Wen: 10:00 - 15:00
Fri: 11:00 - 16:00
Please note closure days:Thank you for your understanding!
Fr, May 11th 2018
Fr, May 18th 2018
Your library team.
The University Library offers
- ca. 135.000 monographs (focus areas are art, architecture and design of the 20th and 21st century)
- more than 400 journal subscriptions
- ca. 950 online journals and 25 online databases, which are accessible on the campus resp. for students and teachers also from
outside via VPN
- a media library with about 10.200 DVDs and video tapes (artist videos, movies, documentaries)
- steadily growing number of e-books
- Special collections: artists books / female-specific and feminist literature / source literature on surrealism / japanese
woodcut books / partial legacy of Clemens Holzmeister
- Bbooks of articles not available at the library may be ordered from other libraries as inter-library-loans
- Trainings in library use, mailing list for current information
- Support for individual research; enquiry services
- Study desks, workplaces for online search, audio/video/DVD players, copy/print/scan facilities
- Loan card available at the main reading room upon presentation of student card (for students) or photo identification
(for all other persons) and official registration certificate as a proof of address
- Loan period: 28 days
- Loan limit: 15 items
- Special conditions for students writing theses or dissertations
- Loan renewals via supA [Suchportal Angewandte] or telephone (01/71133-2268) only possible, if loan period has not expired
- Book container for books returned outside opening hours
- Reservation via internet possible, confirmation by e-mail, book held back for 5 opening days
- Order for books from cellar stores via e-mail to email@example.com possible